Sunday, July 12, 2009

Payton's Birthday Cake

By now it is no secret that I dabble in cake decorating. I have to admit, however, that piping is definately not my forte...in fact I pretty much suck at it. The only way to improve is to practice. So I decided to do some piping on Payton's cake this year. It is a little sloppy, but overall I was really pleased with how it turned out. Black and white cakes are definately some of my favorite, and I have been dying to do one lately. I tried a new yellow cake recipe this time, and I wasn't very impressed with it. It was filled with chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries, so it wasn't a total loss. At least the filling was delish! My search for a great (super moist) yellow cake recipe continues.




3 comments:

Kara said...

You're hired. Now just to ship it cross country...

Hannah said...

I agree with Kara. You're HIRED but my will be easier to get here.

Amanda said...

Yummy! Very pretty too!